Inconsistency between code and docs

Hello,

I have found a strange inconsistency between code and docs for TARGET_ASM_NAMED_SECTION.

Docs say (http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.7.1/gccint/File-Framework.html#index-TARGET_005fASM_005fNAMED_005fSECTION-4472):
" If decl is non-NULL, it is the VAR_DECL or FUNCTION_DECL with which this section is associated."

However, in dwarf2out.c, line 21030 we have the following code:
	  tree comdat_key = get_identifier (ref->info);
	  /* Terminate the previous .debug_macinfo section.  */
	  dw2_asm_output_data (1, 0, "End compilation unit");
	  targetm.asm_out.named_section (DEBUG_MACRO_SECTION,
					 SECTION_DEBUG
					 | SECTION_LINKONCE,
					 comdat_key);

This passes comdat_key to named_section hook which expected either a VAR_DECL or a FUNCTION_DECL.
I noticed as I am using DECL_ATTRIBUTES inside the hook on decl and it failed with checking enabled as an IDENTIFIER_NODE (as passed by dwarf2out.c) is not a DECL.

It seems to me to be a bug of dwarf2out.c since it should maybe generate a VAR_DECL instead of an IDENTIFIER_NODE. Is this the case?

Paulo Matos