Re: Bugzilla new bug page

On 18 October 2012 13:16, Frédéric Buclin wrote:
> Le 18. 10. 12 14:06, Jonathan Wakely a écrit :
>> Other bugzillas I've used have a big red text box that very
>> prominently tells the submitted to search for existing bugs.
>
> Do you have an example of such Bugzillas? Mozilla and RedHat have no
> such big red box. KDE has something closer.

Yes, maybe I was thinking of KDE's "don't skip this step" and
mis-remembering the details of how it looks.

How it looks doesn't really matter, I just think the current notice at
the top of the Enter Bug page is almost invisible and should be more
prominent.  Another option would be to add some of the first few
sentences from http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/

"Before you report a bug, please check the list of well-known bugs
and, if possible, try a current release or development snapshot.

Before reporting that GCC compiles your code incorrectly, compile it
with gcc -Wall -Wextra and see whether this shows anything wrong with
your code. Similarly, if compiling with -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv
makes a difference, your code probably is not correct.

See http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/ for the full bug writing guidelines"

I'll prepare some mockups for people to look at and see if they like it.