This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bugzilla new bug page
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Frédéric Buclin <LpSolit at netscape dot net>
- Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:06:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bugzilla new bug page
- References: <BANLkTikM+oUOW_Gzy=L_XMnDOzLPk_Bt8Q@mail.gmail.com>
On 11 May 2011 15:05, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> Can we increase the size of the text at the top of the Enter Bug page?
> "Before reporting a bug, please read the bug writing guidelines,
> please look at the list of most frequently reported bugs, and please
> search for the bug."
> It's not very prominent.
Other bugzillas I've used have a big red text box that very
prominently tells the submitted to search for existing bugs. We should
use something like that to point to the guidelines and the "not a bug"
docs. The current notice is almost invisible, so it's hardly a
surprise noone bothers to read the guidelines.
I'd do it myself but I don't know where the relevant pages are. Are
the bugzilla templates in CVS, or only on the server?