This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: What happened to the IRA interprocedural reg-alloc work? (function_used_regs and friends)
- From: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:38:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: What happened to the IRA interprocedural reg-alloc work? (function_used_regs and friends)
- References: <CABu31nNqOc6re_jccLgADxsArU3epdwKm9NNLmt=C=nNkLp4gA@mail.gmail.com>
On 12-10-15 7:14 AM, Steven Bosscher wrote:
Hi Vlad,As I remember, the performance improvement from this optimization was
very small. There were problems in reviewing IRA and I decided to
simplify this task.
While browsing through old yara/ira patches, I came across this patch
of yours from several years ago:
That work was in your IRA presentation at the GCC summit in 2007, and
it was also part of the initial merge request for IRA. But it's not
currently in the trunk and it doesn't appear to ever have been there
(nothing in the ChangeLogs about removing/adding this).
What happened to the patch?
May be it is worth to return to this work.