This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bounds checking in STL containers
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Ахриев Альберт <aaahaaah at yandex dot ru>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 18:19:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: bounds checking in STL containers
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 15 October 2012 18:14, Ахриев Альберт wrote:
> Hi All,
> It appears that operator in STL containers (e.g. vector, deque) does not check bounds any more (g++ 4.7.2).
If you want to discuss the C++ library then you should mail the
> Two-three generations ago g++ was very cautious about consistency checking but not now.
> I would appeal to developers to reconsider this pretty tough decision.
We haven't removed any bounds checking.