This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about memory allocation in ifcvt.c
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: thorsten <fly_b747 at gmx dot de>, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:29:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: Question about memory allocation in ifcvt.c
Andrew Pinski Wrote:
>> I figured out that ifcvt.c uses alloca to reserve mem on the stack. this is
>> the point where the segmentation fault occurs.
> It is also a regression from what I can tell too from 4.1.x.
And one that's fixed for GCC 4.8.
If it's a regression then perhaps the patch could be back-ported to
open release branches.