Re: Libgcc and its license

On 10/10/2012 10:48 AM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, Gabor Loki wrote:

2) repeat all the compilation commands related to the previous list in
the proper environment. The only thing which I have added to the
compilation command is an extra "-E" option to preprocess every sources.
3) create a unique list of all source and header files from the
preprocessed files.
4) at final all source, header and generated files are checked for their
licenses.

The fact that a header is read by the compiler at some point in generating a .o file does not necessarily mean that object file is a work based on that header; that is a legal question depending on how the object code relates to that header.

Well legally the status of a file is not in anyway affected by what the header of the file says, but we should indeed try to make sure that all headers properly reflect the intent.