Experimental Address Sanitizer for 4.8 (was Re: How much time left till phase 3?)

Diego Novillo <dnovillo@google.com> writes:

> On 2012-10-02 05:45 , Richard Guenther wrote:
>
>> Anybody else with things they want to merge during stage1?

> Finally, I've been thinking of porting asan/tsan to replace
> mudflap. Dodji, you expressed interest in it recently.

Yes I did.  A bit too recently, I am afraid.  :-)

Jeff Law <law@redhat.com> writes:

> On 10/02/2012 08:30 AM, Diego Novillo wrote:
>> Finally, I've been thinking of porting asan/tsan to replace mudflap.
>> Dodji, you expressed interest in it recently.
> That's further out most likely.

Yes, I think a *final* version with feature parity with the asan/tsan of
llvm is definitely for after 4.8.  Though ...

Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> writes:

> I think it would be very nice to get at least asan port for 4.8, but
> I guess it depends on how much work is on it.  Killing mudflap would be
> nice.

... I'd like to try and see if we can have something dubbed experimental
with very basic functionality into 4.8 first, and then work from there
toward feature parity with asan/tsan llvm.

What do you think?

--
		Dodji