Re: Functions that are CSEable but not pure

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012, Jason Merrill wrote:

> My implementation of dynamic initialization of TLS variables as mandated by
> the C++11 and OpenMP standards uses this idiom implicitly, so I'd really like
> to be able to optimize away multiple calls.

I'd thought that dynamic initialization of TLS variables was supposed to
need ELF gABI, C++ ABI, binutils and glibc support as per Jakub's comment
in bug 27557 - have you found a way to avoid needing those, or are you
actually discussing something else?

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com