This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Functions that are CSEable but not pure
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 23:06:54 +0000
- Subject: Re: Functions that are CSEable but not pure
- References: <506C8B3F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 3 Oct 2012, Jason Merrill wrote:
> My implementation of dynamic initialization of TLS variables as mandated by
> the C++11 and OpenMP standards uses this idiom implicitly, so I'd really like
> to be able to optimize away multiple calls.
I'd thought that dynamic initialization of TLS variables was supposed to
need ELF gABI, C++ ABI, binutils and glibc support as per Jakub's comment
in bug 27557 - have you found a way to avoid needing those, or are you
actually discussing something else?
Joseph S. Myers