This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Steering Committee: I propose Cary Coutant as DWARF maintainer
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "jason at redhat dot com" <jason at redhat dot com>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 18:14:55 -0500
- Subject: Re: Steering Committee: I propose Cary Coutant as DWARF maintainer
+1 from me
Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>I propose that Cary Coutant <email@example.com> become an additional
>DWARF maintainer, along with Jason. Cary has been on the DWARF
>working group for many years and is very familiar with the format. He
>has written several patches for GCC's DWARF code. He's been an
>extensive contributor to the gold linker.
>I suggest that Cary be listed as "dwarf debugging code" in the
>MAINTAINERs file, like Jason. The exact meaning of this is not
>spelled out in the file, but presumably includes the right to review,
>approve and commit patches to gcc/dwarf*.[ch] and associated files in
>the include directory.
>I'd like the steering committee to consider this proposal.