Re: contrib/config-list.mk

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> I don't know whether contrib/config-list.mk is dead or not.  But I do
> know that you will only get that error on Debian or Ubuntu systems,
> which by default pass some rather aggressive warning options.

contrib/config-list.mk is meant to be used with a (previously built)
bootstrapped native compiler from the same version of the sources you are
building (or at least a similar version), rather that with the system's
own compiler at all.  The sources are only expected to be -Werror clean
when built using the same version of GCC, not some other version that may
be a system compiler.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com