This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Are Decimal operations are fully implemented/tested ?
- From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent+gcc at vinc17 dot org>
- To: Hesham Moustafa <heshamelmatary at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 13:29:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: Are Decimal operations are fully implemented/tested ?
- References: <CA+wsVCCZWCkBHvr6QQoK5bYPnFrvk05U2y=XLfv64NefN3_Vdw@mail.gmail.com> <CA+wsVCBWBKq34m9UAm8iw6HgECTyKOkCrWvvff-4e37Bjwfirstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2012-09-12 11:29:41 +0300, Hesham Moustafa wrote:
> I want to inquire about the state of decimal floating point operations
> at gcc low-level library.
> Does gcc fully implement IEEE 754-2008 standard ?
No. Even for binary-only it doesn't (though it almost does). Also
note that some parts of IEEE 754-2008 are (should be) implemented
on the C library side (e.g. glibc).
Vincent Lefèvre <email@example.com> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)