This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: cxx-conversion a good idea?
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Nikos Fotoulis <nikofot at gmx dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:08:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: cxx-conversion a good idea?
- References: <1346330620.5b9adb8ffe07@mail>
On 30 August 2012 13:43, Nikos Fotoulis wrote:
> The cxx-conversion idea does not come without its
> cons. The most important for us is that there will
> not be a plain gcc-core package that is smaller,
The GCC project doesn't make gcc-core tarballs any more anyway.
Third-party packagers are still free to provide a separate package
that doesn't include g++ and the C++ standard library headers, the
language the code is written in doesn't greatly affect how the end
result is packaged.