Re: GCC stack backtraces

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:

> Does this seem like something we could usefully add to GCC?

Emphatically, yes!.

>  Does anybody see any big problems with it?

Can it would be a great addition to libstdc++ as a GNU extension, stached
in the <ext/xxx> namespace.

I do also do like the fact that you're planning a BSD licence; that means I can
make use of it in my own projects.

> The library is not quite ready to commit, but it's quite close.  It just
> needs a bit more testing in uncommon build environments, i.e., anything
> other than x86_64 GNU/Linux, to make sure that it at least builds and
> does not crash even when it can't get a backtrace.

Kudos for doing this.  I am sure Diego would love it (when he is back.)

-- Gaby