Re: C++ and gather-detailed-mem-stats

>>>>> "Diego" == Diego Novillo <dnovillo@google.com> writes:

Diego> The compiler will then always add 'file', 'function' and 'line' to the
Diego> argument list, which can then be retrieved via builtins or special
Diego> argument names (I think builtins may be safer).

Diego> This would allow us to handle operators.  I don't think it would be a
Diego> big deal if this introduces ABI incompatibilities.

This will also require gdb changes, if you want to be able to call these
functions from gdb.  I guess it would need a DWARF extension as well.
(I am not sure about other debuginfo formats.)

Tom