Re: Question: at which version gcc started supporting -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE for c++ files?

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Oleg Pekar (olpekar)
<olpekar@cisco.com> wrote:

> I'm using gcc 4.1.2, it supports -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE option for c files but not for c++. I'm looking for gcc version number where support for this option in c++ files was added.

I'm not sure how to answer your question, because -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE is
not a GCC feature.  It is a glibc feature.  It causes glibc to change
some function definitions to use features that are provided by GCC.
As far as I know, all the _FORTIFY_SOURCE features that GCC provides
are available in both C and C++.

So, please give us an example of something that fails with g++ and
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE that you expect to work.

Ian