The C++ conversion branch has been merged into trunk

I have committed rev 190402, which merges the cxx-conversion branch into trunk. Thanks to everyone who provided review feedback and tested the branch.

While we have tested the changes pretty thoroughly, we will monitor results from testers for any new failures introduced by these changes. Please CC myself and Lawrence on any issues that may be related to the C++ changes.

As discussed in http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2012-08/msg00711.html, there are no functional changes to the compiler. We tried very hard to limit the amount of API changes we introduced to minimize merge conflicts.

Now that the changes are in trunk we will start changing the APIs to take advantage of the re-written data structures.

I have also committed the changes to the home page news section and 4.8 changes to reflect the new implementation language.

Thanks. Diego.