gcc trunk fails to build without isl/cloog

The installation instructions seem to imply that GCC can be built without having ISL and/or CLOOG installed, and the configure script accepts --without-isl and --without-cloog.

But I can't build that.  Reading the installation instructions makes me expect that such a configuration would skip the building of the "graphite" loop optimization machinery.  What happens instead is that it's built anyway, but the makefile aborts at the point where it tries to compile gcc/graphite.c (because cloog/cloog.h does not exist).

Is this supposed to work?

	paul