This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Excluding dejagnu testcases for subtargets
- From: Janis Johnson <janis_johnson at mentor dot com>
- To: Senthil Kumar Selvaraj <senthil_kumar dot selvaraj at atmel dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:54:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: Excluding dejagnu testcases for subtargets
- References: <20120810055203.GB6606@atmel.com>
- Reply-to: <janisjo at codesourcery dot com>
On 08/09/2012 10:52 PM, Senthil Kumar Selvaraj wrote:
> What is the recommended way to skip specific (non target specific) testcases for a subtargets?
> There are a bunch of tests in the gcc testsuite that are too big (in
> terms of code size or memory) for a subtarget of the avr target. The
> subtarget is specified in the dejagnu board configuration file
> (set_board_info cflags "-mmcu <subtarget name>").
> Using dg-skip-if with "-mmcu <subtarget name>" for the include part did
> not work. Looking at the source (target-supports-dg.exp) showed that it
> doesn't consider board_info cflags. Only board_info multilib_flags,
> flags specified in dg-options, $TOOL_OPTIONS and $TEST_ALWAYS_FLAGS
> appear to be considered.
> Should we set the -mmcu option to multilib_flags instead of cflags in
> the board config? Should we use --tool_opt in RUNTESTFLAGS? How do
> other targets handle this?
Probably check-flags in target-supports-dg.exp should check cflags
in the board_info along with the other flags. Can you try that to
see if it does what you need?