Excluding dejagnu testcases for subtargets

Hi,

 What is the recommended way to skip specific (non target specific) testcases for a  subtargets?

 There are a bunch of tests in the gcc testsuite that are too big (in
 terms of code size or memory) for a subtarget of the avr target. The
 subtarget is specified in the dejagnu board configuration file
 (set_board_info cflags "-mmcu <subtarget name>").

 Using dg-skip-if with "-mmcu <subtarget name>" for the include part did
 not work. Looking at the source (target-supports-dg.exp) showed that it
 doesn't consider board_info cflags. Only board_info multilib_flags,
 flags specified in dg-options, $TOOL_OPTIONS and $TEST_ALWAYS_FLAGS
 appear to be considered.

 Should we set the -mmcu option to  multilib_flags instead of cflags in
 the board config? Should we use --tool_opt in RUNTESTFLAGS? How do
 other targets handle this?

 Regards
 Senthil