Re: New GCC takes 19x as long to compile my program (compared to old GCC), plus void** patch suggestion

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Andi Kleen <andi@firstfloor.org> wrote:
> Elmar Krieger <elmar@cmbi.ru.nl> writes:
>>
>> The slowdown is not the same with other files, so I'm essentially sure
>> that this specific source file has some 'feature' that catches GCC at
>> the wrong leg. This raises my hopes that one of the GCC experts wants
>> to take a look at it. The code is confidential,
>
> You could file a bug report with just a profile output of the compiler
> (e.g. from oprofile or perf)

But please use a pristine FSF compiler.  You can also run the source through
some obfuscation tool.  Or get a first hint with using -ftime-report.

In the end, without a testcase there is nothing to do for us ...

Richard.