Re: gcc translator build with QT

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:23:40 +1000
Chris Jones <chrisjones@spin.net.au> wrote:

> Is there any reason that I can't create a new front-end translator for
> gcc using QT?

GCC being a free GPLv3 software, you could always fork it and do that. But I am not sure
to understand what you really are thinking of.

While current GCC is easily extensible thru plugins (or MELT extensions, see
http://gcc-melt.org/ for more), there is no plugin interface to add a new front-end (yet).

And Qt http://qt.nokia.com/  being mostly a graphical interface toolkit, I don't see how
it is relevant to a new front-end.

GCC has very deeply the idea that you compile compilation units (such as toplevel C
files) in whole by parsing some files.

Regards.
*** opinions {are only mine, sont seulement les miennes} ***