This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Target maintainers]: Please update libjava/sysdep/*/locks.h with new atomic builtins
- From: John David Anglin <dave dot anglin at bell dot net>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>, dave dot anglin at nrc-cnrc dot gc dot ca, Dave Miller <davem at redhat dot com>, Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, kkojima at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:20:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Target maintainers]: Please update libjava/sysdep/*/locks.h with new atomic builtins
- References: <CAFULd4aDxMhV_jr8BbkybJi2y2m5JPHLVVMZFYM5N1WEB6iTLQ@mail.gmail.com>
On 6/14/2012 5:41 AM, Uros Bizjak wrote:
This requires changes to the testsuite and user code to link against
I would like to point out that in libjava/sysdep/*/lockThe syncs.h many
targets still implement atomics in assembly. These utility functions
can be implemented with new atomic builtins, avoiding quite some
So, I'm not sure this is an improvement.
The sync builtins aren't supported on hpux.
John David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org