Re: [Target maintainers]: Please update libjava/sysdep/*/locks.h with new atomic builtins

On 6/14/2012 5:41 AM, Uros Bizjak wrote:
I would like to point out that in libjava/sysdep/*/lockThe syncs.h many
targets still implement atomics in assembly. These utility functions
can be implemented with new atomic builtins, avoiding quite some
compexity.
This requires changes to the testsuite and user code to link against libatomic.
So, I'm not sure this is an improvement.

The sync builtins aren't supported on hpux.

Dave

--
John David Anglin    dave.anglin@bell.net