Re: Distributing 'make check' across a cluster

On 05/31/2012 05:22 PM, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

Thanks.  Having the source tree available is not a problem, as I
require it to copy the actual testsuites into the work tree.  Adding
a few more files from the source tree would not be a problem.

From: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/test.html

You can run the tests with a compiler and library that have already
been installed. Make sure that the compiler (e.g., g++) is in your
PATH. If you are using shared libraries, then you must also ensure that
the directory containing the shared version of libstdc++ is in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or equivalent. If your GCC source tree is
at /path/to/gcc, then you can run the tests as follows:

runtest --tool libstdc++ --srcdir=/path/to/gcc/libstdc++-v3/testsuite

Anyway. I don't test this way often, so all I know is that it used to work. If you have problems let me know and I'll fix 'em.
I think this still works -- AFAIK Red Hat's QE team makes use of this capability.

Jeff