Re: A question about loop ivopt

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Jiangning Liu <jiangning.liu@arm.com> wrote:
> Richard,
>
> But MODES_TIEABLE_P is a macro hook and isn't exposed to TREE level, so I
> would have to modify xxx-protos.h for all back-ends.

As far as I can tell it is exposed already to the middle-end via that
hook in that you should be able to use MODES_TIEABLE_P from
tree-ssa-loop-ivopts.c without modifying anything else.
It looks like the arm and i386 are have both broken xxx-protos.h.
Both rs6000 and mips will work without touching their xxx-protos.h.  I
think it is better if you just fix the targets which have a broken
xxx-protos.h.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski