type argument in FUNCTION_ARG macro

Hi,

I'm working on an architecture where the calling convention depends on the type of the parameter (i.e. pointers are passed into $C regs and non-pointers are passed into $R regs).  I've implemented this difference by using the POINTER_TYPE_P() macro on the 'type' argument of the FUNCTION_ARG macro.

I'm having a problem with this approach with calls to libgcc function like  _Unwind_SjLj_Register(struct foo * ). As this function is invoked as a
library function, the 'type' argument to the FUNCTION_ARG() macro is NULL.  Thus, the pointer parameter is not passed as pointer but the function body expects a pointer.

Any ideas on how to get around this problem?

Regards,

   Selim