Re: Switching to C++ by default in 4.8

On 11/04/2012 22:13, Eric Botcazou wrote:
>> So, you only know it's 2 tokens once you know all of tree.def?  I'm
>> aware that this is just some arbitrary example, but I believe this
>> actually strengthens the concern I had.
>
> Well, if you don't know of FIELD_DECL, you won't go very far, really.

  But still, wouldn't it be nice and enhance clarity to be able to use a
different character/token between GET and FIELD_DECL than between FIELD and DECL?

  (Anyway, I still think we should start by just redefining GET_FIELD_DECL et.
al. as C++ inline functions - or macros that invoke C++ inline functions, or
whatever else that works better for whatever reason, regardless of the
implementation details - and let the existing code continue to use them in
exactly the same way as before.)

    cheers,
      DaveK