Re: Updated GCC vs Clang diagnostics

On 4/12/12, Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez@gmail.com> wrote:
> So given your ideal implementation, if the user-visible result
> was exactly like the one in Clang, will you be happy with any of
> the three things: ranges, color and fix-it hints?

There are many issues with color.  Does your reader have any
color deficiencies?  Does your software address them?  Does the
system software render colors well?  Is color contrast sufficient?
Is greyscale contrast sufficient?  Color is low on my list of
desirables.

> Or you will prefer to never have some of them or to have them
> disabled by default?

The first thing I do is turn off colors in /bin/ls because there
are actually too few readable color combinations to be very usable.
So, I want to have the ability to turn warning colors off.

> Or to have them, but in a different (user-visible) manner?

This question is hard to answer because I don't know all manners.

--
Lawrence Crowl