Re: RFC: -Wall by default

On 4/12/2012 11:06 AM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

What is nonsensical there?

But they *are* ordinal.

Now? What is the order?

less warnings to more warnings, what could be more ordered than that!

It works just fine for -O,

Exactly what happens with -O? -On does not necessarily generate faster or better code when n is higher.

-On means more optimizations for higher n, simple enough?

In fact, -Os is a perfect example of a short name that is NOT a number.

right, because -Os lies outside the more optimizations for higher values rule.

I agree with Dave Korn, I do not understand your objection.

I would understand an objection of the general kind that you
prefer mnemonic names to numbers, but that ultimately is just
that a preference, nothing more. You seem on the contrary to
be trying to make a substantive argument against the digit
scheme, but I can't understand it.