Re: RFC: -Wall by default

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@adacore.com> wrote:
>> The trouble is that most users find it an annoyance and don't
>> remember. ?And they ask: if it is so simple, why isn't it included by
>> default?
>
> Huh? ?-Wall is supposed to be simple to remember, but its implementation and
> effects are of course not simple at all.

From developer perspective, we think that -Wall is so simple to
remember, because
in fact, we are used to handle so many complex things that this one five letter
is nothing.  However, users aren't as sophisticated as we would like them to
(I am not being condescending.)  The way we have to approach this is how can
we satisfy persistent demands and still remain competitive.

Again, this proposal does not come out of a whim.

-- Gaby