RE: [GCC Steering Committee] Android sub-port reviewer

Andrew Pinski wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Fu, Chao-Ying <fu@mips.com> wrote:
> > ?It basically sets the MIPS target to little-endian MIPS32
> for mips-linux-android.
>
> That seems broken because mips-*-* is big-endian and mipsel-*-* is
> little-endian.  Is any way of fixing that before even trying to
> submitting the patch?  Because it will be the only port for mips which
> is the opposite endian which makes it out of place.

  We fixed the MIPS target to little endian, because there is only one
MIPS ABI in official NDK for Android: little-endian MIPS32 release 1.
NDK scripts are tested with mips-linux-android.  (We didn't test mipsel-linux-android targets.)
Note that Android software components (ex: google v8, webkit jsc) may be coded for
little-endian targets only.

  If GCC doesn't set the MIPS Android targets to little endian, it will be easy to
add a small patch into googlesource in the future.  Ex: Add -EL options for compilation/linking.
Thanks!

Regards,
Chao-ying