Re: [GCC Steering Committee] Android sub-port reviewer

On 01/04/12 20:57, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
> On 29/03/2012, at 5:38 PM, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
>
>> I volunteer as the reviewer for Android sub-port.
>>
>> Android/Bionic support is an extension over Linux port and is being gradually added for more and more architectures.  I wrote the original Android GCC support for ARM (under a watchful design eye of Joseph Myers), and know how the bits fit together.
>>
>> As adding Android support to a new architecture requires changes to that architecture, the architecture maintainer will have the power of veto for the Android-related changes.
>
> One of the members of SC raised a good point about whether architecture maintainers would prefer to handle the Android patches themselves.  My intention is to spare you the additional headache of dealing with Android, but, well, maybe you like it :-).
>
> Richard E.,
> Jan,
> Richard S.,
>
> Do you want to handle Android changes by yourself or do you want to delegate?
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Maxim Kuvyrkov
> CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics

I have no desire to hold back android development, so I have no
objections to an Android-specific maintainer.

But the only file in the ARM back-end that is Android specific is
t-linux-android, a grand total of ten lines of code.

Any file shared with other arm ports would still need generic ARM
maintainer approval.

There are, however, some target independent android files in the config
directory and I guess it would make sense for a maintainer to be
appointed for those.

R.