This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Proposed plugin API for GCC
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:18:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: Proposed plugin API for GCC
- References: <1333054687.31165.65.camel@surprise>
David Malcolm <email@example.com> writes:
> I had a go at writing a possible plugin API for GCC, and porting parts
> of my python plugin to it:
Seems like a good start.
> I initially attempted an underscore_based_naming_convention but quickly
> found it difficult to get concise function names, so I switched to a
> CamelCaseBased_NamingConvention with an underscore separating a notional
> namespace element from a secondary element, which saved plenty of space.
> The different naming convention also serves to highlight that this is
> *not* part of GCC's internals.
Predictably, I don't care for the names.
I would recommend grouping functions by category, and making each
category be a struct with a set of function pointers. That will give
you a namespace, and will greatly reduce the number of external names in