Re: Memory Model

On 3/12/2012 8:44 AM, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
On 03/10/2012 09:17 AM, Joe Gottman wrote:
According to the news on the front page, the C++11 memory model has been added to gcc. But C++11 status page (http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx0x.html) says that it hasn't. Is this an oversight?

Atomic support with memory model parameters have been added, but complete support is not quite there yet. A full optimization audit has not been performed, so it is possible to introduce data races which were not there before. Bitfields operations do not yet conform either.

That said, any one who encounters cases where those memory model non-compliances occur should open a bugzilla so we can make sure we have them covered in 4.8.

OK. Does it say anywhere on the website exactly what can and can't be done with respect to the memory model?

Joe Gottman