Re: GCC 4.7.0 and C++ atomics

Hello Andrew and Richard,

On 03/07/2012 08:38 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
On 03/07/12 10:44, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
>  rth, you are familiar with how this part is suppose to hook up properly...
>
>  I traced the code in expand_mem_thread_fence, and the sync_synchronize is being emiited by:
>
>  else if (synchronize_libfunc != NULL_RTX)
>           emit_library_call (synchronize_libfunc, LCT_NORMAL, VOIDmode, 0);
>
>  presumably something just isn't being linked to the executable?  or maybe not being built into libgcc?
These functions are in libgcc, but only built for linux.
See libgcc/config/arm/t-linux-eabi.

thanks for the hints. Thus if we want to use the C++ atomic operations on 32-bit ARM in RTEMS we have to implement everything in

libgcc/config/arm/linux-atomic.c

and place it in e.g.

libgcc/config/arm/rtems-atomic.c

?

I guess similar procedures are required for other architectures.

Have a nice day!

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6