Re: fortran/parse.c

Am 18.02.2012 11:36, Mads Jensen wrote:
I've noticed that not all strings in the function
gfc_ascii_statement
in fortran/parse.c are supported by gettext with the _()-macro. Is there
a reason for this?

Well, usually it is not a good idea to translate statement names like WRITE, SELECT TYPE etc. They are used in the code as:

select type (poly_var)
  type is (my_type)
    write(*,*) 'my_type'
  class is (my_type)
    print *, 'Type, which extends my_type'
end select

Thus, I think WRITE is better than SCHREIBEN, ECRIRE, ÎÎÎÎÎ, PISAC, ÐÐÑÐÌÑÑ, or SKRIVE. However, if you think it makes still sense to use _(), one can surely add it. (In any case, one then needs to ensure that the translators know that those are 'keywords'.)

Tobias

PS: I quoted 'keywords' as one can create variables with the same name as those words (which is not recommended):
integer real
real integer
integer print
real = 5