This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Building gcc on Ubuntu 11.10
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Nenad Vukicevic <nenad at intrepid dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 22:33:37 -0800
- Subject: Re: Building gcc on Ubuntu 11.10
- References: <4F33569E.email@example.com>
Nenad Vukicevic <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Has anybody tried to build 4.7 on Ubuntu 11.10 system. I am getting the
> following linking problem (no special configure switches):
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
> Noramly they under /usr/lib64, but 11.10 has them under
Yes. Debian moved everything for some reason. It's a problem that must
be addressed somehow before gcc 4.7 is released.
It's extremely unfortunate that this will make it impossible to build
older releases of gcc on newer Debian installations.