Re: -fno-inline-functions vs glibc's initfini

>From Richard's response it sounds like there is an easy fix that's
compatible with both old and new GCC (-fno-inline).  I think we can do that
right away without trouble, and get it onto release branches too.

On the libc side more generally, I've become skeptical that the generic C
version of initfini is worth continuing with.  (I say this as the person
who chose to do it that way in the first place.)  These sorts of things
always come up again and again.  It's just damn little assembly code to
write for each machine so you get it exactly right and need not worry about
what next year's compiler does.

Thanks,
Roland