Re: new port LINK_SPEC changes allowed during phase 4?

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Joern Rennecke wrote:

> I find that I'll have to change the epiphany LINK_SPEC to allow sane
> interaction
> between libc and libgloss.  The latter might need errno / __errno from the
> former.
> May I apply a patch to config/epiphany/epiphany.h to fix this during phase 4?

For an architecture that is neither a primary nor a secondary target in
the release criteria, the architecture maintainers are basically free to
decide for themselves what changes they consider appropriate during any
development stage.  Such architectures will not be considered at all in
deciding when to branch and release, so if you leave an intermediate state
broken for such an architecture it's quite possible the branch and release
will happen in that broken state.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com