RE: readonly register

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012, BELBACHIR Selim wrote:

> In fact my final purpose is to replace $INP by a register bank
> in order to be able to read several inputs using pipelined
> instructions (and instruction scheduler). The fixed reg solution
> will prevent me from doing this. Is there another way to prevent
> the use of some registers during the reload pass without turning
> them into fixed register ?

I can't think of another way than to use different (narrower)
register constraints for the destination operand than the source
operands for the instructions which can take $INP as a source
operand, with the source operand register class to include the
register (sub)class for $INP, but this latter register class
must not be included in GENERAL_REGS nor of course the
destination register class.  (Though, the source register class
can be a superclass that includes GENERAL_REGS and the register
class for $INP, whatever applies.)

This wouldn't "prevent the use of some registers during the
reload pass" but that wasn't the original goal nor a reasonably
doable one AFAIK.

With reservations for possibly not understanding your problem.

brgds, H-P