Re: Dealing with compilers that pretend to be GCC

On 21 January 2012 13:55, Chris Lattner wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2012, at 5:24 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think that's the fault of GCC, which should have defined a macro
>>> for each extension.
>>
>> And what about the fact other compilers haven't defined such a macro
>> for each extension they implement, whether it comes from GCC or not,
>> is that GCC's fault too?
>
> If fact, some do:
> http://clang.llvm.org/docs/LanguageExtensions.html#feature_check

Indeed, and it's a feature I like, well done :)

I just think bashing GCC (rather than filing enhancement requests or
contributing patches) for not doing the same is unproductive, and
saying it's GCC's fault that not all compilers do the same doesn't
even make sense.