Re: GCC 4.7 compiles with llvm-gcc-4.2 but not with GCC 4.6.2

On 16 Jan 2012, at 18:52, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

>> Bison puts up snapshots at ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/bison/, an alternative to those that do not need the latest bleeding-edge version.
>
> So does GCC, the front page says "Our sources are readily and freely
> available via SVN and weekly snapshots" and links to
> http://gcc.gnu.org/snapshots.html

OK. I missed that. I happened to have the stuff needed installed, so I did not really look.

> I'll add a link from there and from the SVN page to the installation docs.

It strikes me that you might ask the config people for a way to enforce out-of-directory builds. The idea would be is that if one tries to config from within the directory, it would print out some instructions. This way the problem would go away.

Hans