Re: C++ ABI RFC [was Re: C++/libiberty PATCH for many mangling fixes (6057, 48051, 50855, 51322, etc)]

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> A canonical method for doing the ABI switch seems entirely appropriate.

My concern is specifically about options for changing the default language
version, not options for changing the libstdc++ ABI.  More generally,
about configure options affecting the semantics of code passed to GCC, as
opposed to non-semantic configure options such as choosing the processor
for which to optimize.  (The closest we have to that at present is the
options controlling decimal floating point and fixed point, but in general
those are enabled by default wherever they work, and they only serve to
permit some programs that would otherwise be rejected.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com