struggling with make inside GCC MELT

Hello All

I am fighting against makefile issues on the GCC MELT branch.

Much more details are given in
   http://stackoverflow.com/q/8727896/841108
and in
   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-make/2012-01/msg00017.html

So (unless you ask) I won't repeat them here.

(and the bugs affect mostly me, not the usual MELT user)

The symptoms are:

   1. make -j don't work

   2. "make ; make" is running a lot of useless commands for the
second make and it should not

I probably am not understanding when stampfiles in Makefiles should be
used. The main point is that MELT cares much more about file contents
than file timestamps.

Should I also post on this list to get some help?

(In other words, is anyone interested in helping)

Cheers.