Re: LTO multiple definition failures

Sandra Loosemore <sandra@codesourcery.com> writes:

> I'm still finding my way around LTO; can anyone who's more familiar
> with this help narrow down where to look for the cause of this?  I
> don't even know if this is a compiler or ld bug at this point.  I'm

I would look into the interaction between the LTO plugin and your ld
(and also try gold if you can)

Generally there are still various issues in these areas which need
workarounds in the LTOed programs, for some things (like ld -r and some
ar) you also need the latest version of HJ Lu's binutils which implement
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2010-12/msg00229.html

A lot of older binutils lds also tended to mishandle mixed LTOed ar
archives.

-Andi

--
ak@linux.intel.com -- Speaking for myself only