outgoing_args_size and pretend_args_size

Hi,

I am finding slightly confusing the difference between outgoing_args_size and pretend_args_size.

I think I understand pretend_args_size, at least on the specific case of my port. The first two words of arguments go into two register the remaining goes into the stack. However, if the first argument is one word of size and the second two words of size, the second argument is split between register and stack and pretend_args_size is 1.

However, I am slightly unsure about outgoing_args_size. It mentions outgoing_args but I don't really know if it is what I think it is.

If I write:
void foo(int *x);

is x considered an outgoing arg?

Can someone try to explain the difference between these?

Cheers,

--
PMatos