This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: transactional-memory branch has been merged into trunk
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 14:01:23 -0800
- Subject: Re: transactional-memory branch has been merged into trunk
- References: <4EB91049.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 3:19 AM, Aldy Hernandez <email@example.com> wrote:
> The TM branch has been merged into trunk. ÂNo regressions or problems when
> testing on x86-64 Linux.
> Thanks to Torvald and Richard for all their hard work this past week (and
> prior!). ÂAnd thanks to all the branch reviewers.
> If anyone needs me, I'll be enjoying my time in Honolulu, so don't bother!
And this breaks x86 builds with semi-older binutils. Binutils without
AVX support gives the following error message while build libtm:
/usr/bin/as: unrecognized option `-msse2avx'
I think someone needs to update the requirements part of install.texi
or better yet not require such a new binutils.