Re: libgcc/static-object.mk weird error on powerpc-rtems

On 04/11/2011 17:33, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am testing powerpc-rtems on the head and
> have gotten a weird error compiling libgcc.
> It is definitely a regression from 4.6.
> I have no idea who might be the best person
> to help resolve this.
>
> /home2/joel/build/b-powerpc-gcc/powerpc-rtems4.11/libgcc
> [joel@rtbf64a libgcc]$ make
> /users/joel/test-gcc/gcc-svn/libgcc/static-object.mk:18: *** Unsupported
> file type: .  Stop.
>
> Playing with the error message, it looks like
> the "$o" in the message is empty.
>
> What can I pass along to help get this debugged?

  Still having trouble with this?  Try the makefile debugger:

    http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/remake/

  You can step through the libgcc makefile and see where the empty entry comes
from or just turn on enough tracing to see the return values from every string
function executed.

  It may turn out to be stray whitespace in one of LIB2ADD, LIB2ADD_ST,
LIB2ADDEHSTATIC, LIB2ADDEHSHARED, LIB2ADDEH or LIBUNWIND that needs trimming
with $(strip).

    cheers,
      DaveK