Re: libgcc sparc-rtems config on gcc head

On 11/03/2011 09:44 AM, Rainer Orth wrote:
Eric Botcazou<ebotcazou@adacore.com> writes:

The same solution seems to apply here: just rename the files to
crt[in].S and use the generic rules.  They don't seem Solaris-specific
either.
The renaming for SPARC is OK if it is done for i386 as well, but this doesn't
really seem to be necessary, see below.
That's what my patch does.  It would be good if Joel could test on
i386-rtems before comitting (as I will on Solaris/SPARC and x86, of
course).

i386-rtems builds fine after moving the files.

From my perspective, you can commit.
The rules are generic and have been integrated into libgcc/Makefile.in,
but only used unless CUSTOM_CRTIN is set in a target fragment.
s/unless/if/ I presume? config/t-sol2 has the rules though so config/t-rtems
No, if a t-* fragment sets CUSTOM_CRTIN, it's expected to provide its
own crt[in].o rules, just like the existing CUSTOM_CRTSTUFF does.  If
crt[in].o is not included in extra_parts, the generic rules are
unused/harmless.

could just copy them, at least for now.
True, but that's the sort of copy-and-paste programming I'd like to
reduce with this series of patches.

Thank you.  Avoiding cut and paste makes it easier
for targets like RTEMS where we really do try to rely
as much as possible on sharing. :)
Rainer

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985