Re: serious libgcc regression added recently

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011, David Miller wrote:

> > ${host} is the *target* when configuring target libraries.
>
> It doesn't represent the 'target' we're generating code for in
> a multilib instance so we can conditionalize off of it correctly.
>
> The only way sparc/t-softfp can be added to tmake is if the host
> matches sparc-*-* and that's what happens even when we're building
> the 64-bit libgcc in my case.
>
> It's sparc-*-* for both the 32-bit and 64-bit libgcc builds.

Yes, there is nothing new there - when this configuration was in the gcc/
directory the target name was also the same for both builds.  What is new
is that you can now put tests in libgcc/configure.ac such as the "Check
32bit or 64bit for x86." one, and select t-* files based on those tests -
whereas in the gcc/ directory there is no possibility at all for the
choice of t-* files to depend on the multilib.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com